Improve Access to Cardiology Care with Telemedicine
Cardiology coverage in emergent cases as well as inpatient cardiology consultations for admitted patients.
Overview of teleCardiology Services and Solutions
Cardiovascular diseases are the number 1 cause of death globally and specifically, heart disease is the leading cause of death for men, women and people of most racial and ethnic groups throughout the United States. With this in mind, SOC Telemed offers a solution that increases access to expert cardiology care when and where it’s needed.
Generally, in smaller hospitals, cardiac issues can often be the primary reason for transfer. Many of these patients only need a consultation to determine whether they can be retained and treated close to home, and avoid the disruption of transfer to a tertiary hospital. Additionally, community hospitals may also be in need of a solution for patients who do not require invasive treatment and procedures and can benefit from an easy teleCardiology consultation. Our service, which operates 24/7, provides board certified expert cardiologists who can support your hospitalists and internists, as well as your Emergency Department physicians in the management of patients experiencing varying cardiac issues, such as arrhythmia, heart failure and chest pain.
In addition to 24/7 availability, our service also allows for managing gaps in coverage. The goal is to provide access and collaboration with your physicians, reduce transfers, improve outcomes all while providing increased patient volume, retention and revenue.
Our expert board certified cardiologists can provide interpretations of varying cardiac studies, which may include echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, ultrasounds, electrocardiograms and CTA.
Cardiology Telemedicine Platform
For organizations who have sufficient cardiology coverage, but want a virtual care option, our telemedicine platform, Telemed IQ, is available, with or without our providers. Our flexible, scalable, and proven enterprise telemedicine platform will help you build your own telemedicine program rapidly and sustainably.
Benefits of teleCardiology
Improved care for cardiac patients
- Increased access to specialists not otherwise locally available
- Faster response times to see patients during a cardiac event
- Reduced waiting times for conducting necessary procedures
Increased throughput in the ED
- Increased access allows for more efficient patient treatment
Higher patient and provider satisfaction
- Supplement your cardiac coverage on nights and weekends to give your providers a “quality of life” break
Increased Quality for Cardiology
Improved financial position
- Reduction of locum tenens and recruiting costs
- Increased revenue by retaining patients
- Reduced average length of stay (ALOS)
Pricing for teleCardiology Services
A one-time implementation fee per service line
- Dedicated PMP-certified project expert
- Includes Initiation & Planning, IT, Operations/Workflow, Licensing & Privileging, Orientation & Training, and Launch
An annual technology and support fee
- Continuous 24×7 support throughout the life of the partnership including a dedicated Client Success Executive as your main point of contact
- Varies depending on whether you use our carts or source them elsewhere
- Minimum coverage commitments
- For pricing, the higher the volume, the lower the cost per consult
- Flexible for fluctuations in demand