Improve Access to Specialty Care with Telemedicine—in any specialty
On-demand specialist coverage when and where you need it.
Acute Telemedicine Services and Solutions for Any Clinical Specialty
“tele_______” means that you can fill in the blank. SOC Telemed can help healthcare organizations build sustainable specialty programs in any clinical service line. Our telemedicine platform, Telemed IQ, is designed to support a multitude of workflows that can be configured for any specialty. Currently, we virtually deliver clinicians in 20+ specialties in a variety of acute care settings.
Telemedicine Platform enables specialty care in acute care settings
For organizations who have sufficient specialist coverage, but want a virtual care option, our telemedicine platform, Telemed IQ, is available, with or without our providers. Our flexible, scalable, and proven enterprise telemedicine platform will help you build your own telemedicine program rapidly and sustainably while taking the challenge of geography out of the equation.
How does a specialty telemedicine consultation work?
When a patient arrives to the hospital, the onsite care team goes into action and requests a tele-consult. The assigned remote clinician reviews the patient’s images, labs and/or medical records. The telemedicine cart is brought into the patient’s room and the remote clinician conducts a video evaluation with the patient, family and local hospital staff. Then, the remote clinician makes recommendations for next steps or treatment, which may include medication, additional tests, or a procedure. Once a patient is admitted, the remote clinician can continue to see them virtually for follow up-visits.
When patient care is on the line and time is of the essence, a telemedicine platform like Telemed IQ puts the power of an entire specialist team anywhere in the hospital.
Benefits of Acute Care Telemedicine
Improved care for patients
- Increased access to specialists not otherwise locally available
- Faster response times to see patients
- Supplement in-house expertise on nights and weekends
Increased throughput in the ED
- More efficient patient treatment workflow increases speed of care
Higher patient and provider satisfaction
- Supplement coverage on nights and weekends to give your providers a break and curb clinician burnout
Improved organizational health
- Reduction of locum tenens and recruiting costs
- Increased revenue by avoiding transfers and retaining higher-complexity cases
Pricing for Specialty Telemedicine Services
A one-time implementation fee per service line
- Dedicated PMP-certified project expert
- Includes Initiation & Planning, IT, Operations/Workflow, Licensing & Privileging, Orientation & Training, and Launch
An annual technology and support fee
- Continuous 24×7 support throughout the life of the partnership including a dedicated Client Success Executive as your main point of contact
- Varies depending on whether you use our carts or source them elsewhere
- Priced like a wireless plan
- The higher the volume, the lower the cost per consult
- Flexible for fluctuations in demand