Improve Access to Infectious Disease Care with Telemedicine
Infectious Disease coverage in emergent cases as well as inpatient consultations for admitted patients.
Overview of teleInfectious Disease Services and Solutions
As the number of infectious disease specialists continues to decline in the United States, the same is not true for the needs of hospitals requiring infectious disease expertise for its patients. Emerging infectious diseases, antibiotic resistance, and population growth, especially the growing number of elderly, continues to push the need for infectious disease specialists.
Even before the current pandemic, the demand for infectious disease specialists was high, particularly in rural areas. TeleInfectious Disease services allows hospitals to maintain patients in need of in-house coverage rather than transferring them from the hospital. Our expert board certified infectious disease physicians can connect via secure, high-resolution technology in minutes to diagnose, treat and manage patients with difficult, unusual, or complicated bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitic infections, such as meningitis, sepsis, complicated urinary tract infection, pneumonia, cellulitis and abscess, and HIV. Our teleInfectious disease specialists provide consultations for in the emergency room, as well as inpatient settings.
Infectious Disease Telemedicine Platform
For organizations who have sufficient infectious disease coverage, but want a virtual care option, our telemedicine platform, Telemed IQ, is available, with or without our providers. Our flexible, scalable, and proven enterprise telemedicine platform will help you build your own telemedicine program rapidly and sustainably.
What our teleInfectious Disease specialists can do
When you have a patient with a suspected infectious disease, they can expect to undergo tests, such as cultures, antibody tests, and other diagnostic testing. The teleInfectious Disease specialist reviews the lab work and test results, examines the patient, and then provides a diagnosis leading to faster therapeutic and antibiotic interventions.
Benefits of teleInfectious Disease
Improved care for patients
- Increased access to specialists not otherwise locally available
- Faster response times to see patients
- Access to specialists in medication management impacting patient treatment plans
- Supplement in-house expertise as needed
Increased throughput in the ED
- More efficient patient treatment workflow increases speed of care
Higher patient and provider satisfaction
- Supplement your infectious disease coverage on nights and weekends, or as needed to give your providers a break
- Patients can remain local and receive more convenient care
Increased Quality For Infectious Disease
Improved financial position
- Reduction of locum tenens and recruiting costs
- Increased revenue by retaining higher-complexity cases
Pricing for teleInfectious Disease Services
A one-time implementation fee per service line
- Dedicated PMP-certified project expert
- Includes Initiation & Planning, IT, Operations/Workflow, Licensing & Privileging, Orientation & Training, and Launch
An annual technology and support fee
- Continuous 24×7 support throughout the life of the partnership including a dedicated Client Success Executive as your main point of contact
- Varies depending on whether you use our carts or source them elsewhere
teleInfectious Disease Consults
- Priced like a wireless plan
- The higher the volume, the lower the cost per consult
- Flexible for fluctuations in demand