Join Our TelePsychiatry Team
What does a telePsychiatrist do at SOC?
SOC Telemed provides hospitals nationwide with immediate, 24/7 access to highly-qualified psychiatrists. We provide mental health coverage in emergent cases as well as inpatient psychiatry consultations for admitted patients.
- Imminent threat of harm
- Involuntary commitments (IVCs)
- SI/HI risk assessment
- Grossly psychotic
- Anxiety / Panic / PTSD
- Substance abuse
Consult & Liaison consults:
- Change in mental health status since admission
- Medication management or interactions
- Delirium with or without Dementia
- Issues on decision making capacity [capacity evaluations]
Why work for SOC Telemed?
Focus on Quality
- SOC Telemed has executed a comprehensive quality management program that supports evidence-based practices, tracks satisfaction levels, and encourages continuous improvement of telemedicine services.
- SOC was the first private acute care telemedicine provider to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval.
- SOC has been the recognized leader in telemedicine since 2006.
Infrastructure of Collaboration and Support
- Our telemedicine infrastructure was purpose-built for acute telemedicine and our physicians and client hospitals have been instrumental in driving innovation, efficiency, and simplicity.
- Our Consult Coordination Center smoothly manages consult assignment, based on provider schedules and availability. They also ensure patient and technology readiness so you work efficiently.
- Every physician is supported with robust, 24/7 live clinical, operational, and technology support and physician backup so you can focus on the patient.
What does it take to be an SOC telePsychiatrist?
At a minimum, our telePsychiatrists are comfortable working in the acute care setting, practice evidence-based care, and meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of an approved residency in psychiatry
- Board certified or board eligible in psychiatry
- Experience treating emergency psychiatric patients
Join Our Telemedicine Practice
If you’re interested and have what it takes to join our telePsychiatry team, please contact Clark Wells, Senior Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com or 323-767-4272 or complete the form below.