Join Our telePsychiatry Team
What does a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) do at SOC?
SOC Telemed provides hospitals nationwide with immediate, 24/7 access to mental health coverage in emergent cases as well as inpatient psychiatry consultations for admitted patients.
The clinical practice at SOC Telemed embraces the evolving health care delivery system of team-based care, collaborative care, accountable care, and shared savings. To that end, the psychiatry practice incorporates other professionals, including board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners (PMHNP’s), in the assessment and treatment of patients with behavioral health needs.
What type of consults will a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) see?
- Imminent threat of harm
- Involuntary commitments (IVCs)
- SI/HI risk assessment
- Grossly psychotic
- Anxiety / Panic / PTSD
- Substance abuse
Consult & Liaison consults:
- Change in mental health status since admission
- Medication management or interactions
- Delirium with or without Dementia
- Issues on decision making capacity [capacity evaluations]
How will Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) collaborate with SOC telePsychiatrists?
All PMHNPs, regardless of individual state restrictions, work under a collaborative agreement with a specific physician supervisor. Depending on state requirements and scope of work, the collaborative physicians are typically paired with 2-7 PMHNPs. The supervision includes monthly chart reviews and meetings.
Patients seen on shift requiring escalation or collaboration with a physician will be escalated to the collaborating physician, or an alternate supervising physician on shift (e.g., a backup physician credentialed at the site of care). The supervising physician will perform full patient evaluations as appropriate.
Why work for SOC Telemed?
Focus on Quality
- SOC Telemed has executed a comprehensive quality management program that supports evidence-based practices, tracks satisfaction levels, and encourages continuous improvement of telemedicine services.
- SOC was the first private acute care telemedicine provider to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval.
- SOC has been the recognized leader in telemedicine since 2006.
Infrastructure of Collaboration and Support
- Our telemedicine infrastructure was purpose-built for acute telemedicine and our clinicians and client hospitals have been instrumental in driving innovation, efficiency, and simplicity.
- Our Consult Coordination Center smoothly manages consult assignment, based on provider schedules and availability. They also ensure patient and technology readiness so you work efficiently.
- Every PMHNP is supported with robust, 24/7 live clinical, operational, and technology support and physician backup so you can focus on the patient.
What does it take to be an SOC PMHNP?
- Master of Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution.
- Successful completion of a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Board certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as a PMHNP across the lifespan.
- Demonstration of at least 2 years ongoing experience evaluating and treating patients with psychiatric diagnosis including children and adolescents.
- 30 hours of nursing CE/CME per year including state-specific licensure requirements
Join Our Telemedicine Practice
If you’re interested and have what it takes to join our telePsychiatry team, please contact Clark Wells, Senior Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-767-4272 or complete the form below.